Environmental Field Technician Investigation/Remediation Division
BEI Environmental, a Division of WRS is actively seeking a Full Time Environmental Field Technician to join our field service division. As a Environmental Technician you are a valuable part of the BEI team; participating in monitoring and sampling of wells, investigation of soil, groundwater and air using Geoprobe boring machines and drilling methods at Gas Stations, Dry Cleaners and many other projects. BEI prides itself on providing our employees with opportunities for continuous advancement and growth. Benefits include fully paid health insurance and annuity in addition to competitive pay rates.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment, including an interface probe, PID meter, dissolved oxygen meter and many other meters and equipment.
- Perform hands-on physical activities to complete the sampling of soil, groundwater and air using Geoprobe boring machines and drilling methods as either an operator or helper.
- Complete daily paperwork including worksheets, monitoring report, tailgate safety forms, and chains of custody.
- Participate in the loading and unloading of supplies and materials.
- Work independently, or as part of a team, to complete assigned tasks.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift 90 pounds, walk on uneven surfaces, sit or stand for long periods of time, work in confined spaces or from heights.
- Available and willing to work overtime and be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and understand Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to DOT and OSHA regulations as required.
- Being on time for job assignments is a must.
- Willing to travel 25% or more of the time between locations and/or multiple job sites during the day.
- Experience or previous training is not necessary but the employee is required to attend all scheduled training classes as directed to be eligible for all future work assignments.
- Ability to work in high and low temperature outside, and sometimes work in conditions where noise levels are moderate to loud.
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screening.
This job description is not designed to cover all duties. Other duties or responsibilities may be changed or assigned at any time with or without notice
WRS Environmental Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable state or federal law.