WRS Environmental Services, Inc. is actively seeking Equipment Operators to perform environmental field services including utility work, emergency response operations and spill cleanups. As an Equipment Operator at WRS, you will be provided with state of the art equipment to perform your duties. You will lead spill clean-up responses and projects for New York’s and New Jersey’s largest utilities; ensuring that safety is always a top priority. WRS prides itself on providing advancement and training opportunities to individuals possessing a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. Benefits include fully paid health insurance and annuity in addition to competitive pay rates through the local union.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment including vacuum trucks, guzzlers, roll-offs, box trucks and other equipment as required by the job.
- Complete daily paperwork including worksheets, manifest, tailgate safety forms and job hazard analysis.
- Act as a leader, interacting with our clients, ensuring that teamwork and safety are our number one priorities.
- Perform hands-on, physical activities, to complete excavations, pole holes, manhole clean outs, emergency spill clean ups and other duties as assigned by management.
- Valid CDL Class A or B license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift 90 pounds, walk on uneven surfaces, sit or stand for long periods of time, work in confined spaces or from heights on occasion.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime and be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to complete job paperwork including but not limited to; tailgate safety briefing, waste manifests, daily worksheets, log books, trip logs and other forms as directed.
- Ability to read and understand Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to DOT and OSHA regulations as required.
- Willing to travel 25% of the time between locations and/or multiple job sites during the day in the tri-state area.
- Being on time for job assignments is a must.
- Experience or previous training is not necessary but the employee is required to attend all scheduled training classes as directed to be eligible for all future work assignments.
- Ability to work in high and low temperatures outside, and sometimes work in conditions where noise levels are moderate to loud.
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screening.
This job description is not designed to cover all duties. Other duties or responsibilities may be changed or assigned at any time with or without notice
WRS Environmental Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable state or federal law.